Here in Louisiana, summer is on the way. That means high temperatures, humid nights, and your home’s air conditioner system running full throttle, almost constantly. Remember: your AC unit isn’t magical. It’s a machine, and—just like your car—it needs a regular AC tune-up to keep it at its best and to avoid a major breakdown.
That’s why Southern Air of Shreveport, Ball, and Monroe offers comprehensive AC maintenance, and that’s why spring is the best time to schedule yours.
Why get an AC tune-up?
There are consequences to avoiding annual tune-ups. If you’ve put off maintenance on your air conditioning system, you could be losing money—and flirting with disaster. Here are three reasons you should schedule an inspection today:
- Energy Efficiency: Cooling your home in the summer can be expensive. Don’t make it worse by avoiding AC maintenance. The buildup of dust inside your unit can actually make it work harder with less cooling output. That means that you and your family are in for a hot summer AND have to pay the higher bill. Have our technician look at your system, and we’ll find ways to have it run at its optimum efficiency.
- Longer Lifespan: There’s a reason that most AC system manufacturers have a stipulation that owners need to schedule an annual tune-up to maintain their warranty. Maintenance solves problems that could shut your system down prematurely, and our technicians can replace worn components before they fail. That helps you get more years out of your AC system.
- Less Headache: An AC tune-up can’t prevent all problems, but it can catch a majority of issues before they become a major headache for you and your family. For instance, if a bolt is coming loose, our factory-trained technicians can tighten it up. Without that attention-to-detail, that bolt may eventually rattle free and impact the fan, causing serious damage or the total destruction of the system. Needless to say, that’s something you want to avoid.
What does Southern do for an AC tune-up?
- We clean filters and check ducts: Typically, dust is the enemy of your AC system, causing it to work harder with little-to-no gain in actual cooling. Removing that dust is a major step to getting your system running better.
- We check for parts calibration: Often, individual parts begin to fail in a way that threatens the operation of the entire system. Our technicians will check these systems and make any necessary modification or replacement.
- We check for leaks: An air leak could lead to cold air being diverted from your home to the outside. Talk about a waste of money! We’ll check for any leaks and, if they exist, seal them.
Why should I trust Southern Air for my AC tune-up?
Since 1994, we’ve provided homeowners and businesses in Shreveport, Ball, Alexandria, and Monroe with exceptional HVAC services, including both cooling and heating tune-ups. Our industry-certified technicians get the job done effectively and efficiently, and we guarantee our work 100 percent. Learn more about Southern Air.