Uh-oh. Your air conditioner just stopped working and now your family is without cooling during one of the warmest months of the year. Don’t let your blood pressure rise with the temperature inside. Instead, give Southern Air a call. We’re Louisiana’s cooling experts, and we can help you with either AC repair or AC replacement. But, which do you choose?
In this guide, we’ll introduce you to some of the things you should take into consideration when deciding between buying a new air conditioner or having an expert repair your old one. However, when in doubt, talk to one of our professionals. Every air conditioner situation is different, and we can give you advice tailored to your air conditioner dilemma.
Reasons to repair your AC
- Your current AC system isn’t that old: Most air conditioners can last well past ten years. If your air conditioner is younger than that, it’s probably worth fixing so that you can get some more life out of it. To make sure that it lasts as long as you expect, consider investing in some annual maintenance from the professionals at Southern Air. A regular check-up can extend the life of your system.
- Your air conditioner has the cooling power you need: As long as your air conditioner isn’t too old and is functioning the way you’d expect, repair makes more sense than replacement. Ask yourself this: does my air conditioner function like I expect, and do I think it will continue to do so for years to come? If the answer is yes, repair is probably the right choice.
- The repair is a one-time problem: When you have your air conditioning inspected to evaluate the problem, ask your technician if he or she thinks this is a recurring issue or something that has been dealt with and is unlikely to happen again. The answer might help guide your decision on whether or not now is the right time to replace the system.
Reasons to replace your AC
- You need something that uses less energy: Here in Louisiana, we get good use out of our air conditioning systems in the summer. If you’ve been struggling with heavy electricity bills for the past few summers, an upgrade to a new system might be the right choice. Today’s AC systems have incredible advances in energy efficiency that put them heads-and-shoulders above their predecessors.
- Your air conditioner isn’t cooling your home the way you’d like: If your AC system isn’t cooling your home, what’s the point? Nothing is worse than wading through high bills all summer only to realize that your home is as hot as ever, and now it needs repairs. Instead, move on to a new system. You’ll be glad you did since you’ll enjoy lower energy bills and more effective cooling and comfort.
- The repair is costly: Depending on the age of your system and the cost of the repair, it may simply be not worth it compared to the cost of new system installation. In fact, if the gap between system repair and replacement is small enough, you may get that money back in energy efficiency.
Southern Air is your source for both AC repair and replacement
Whether you need AC repair or AC replacement, give Southern Air a call. Our industry-certified technicians can help you make your decision and—better yet—find a solution that provides you and your family with comfort. Give us a call at 318.640.3151 or schedule your service.